Announced this morning by KTM CEO Stefan Pierer to a stunned crowd of international motorcycling enthusiasts and press that KTM and Honda are to dispell industry rumours and finally merge to form KONDoM.
For months the motorcycling public has wondered when the merger would take place. Due to a downturn in demand at KTM, combined with a less than startling year at Honda talks began 1 April 2016 around the economies of scale and cost savings a merger would produce.
Some of the expected changes will include:
- The new Scalpel designed by KTM that will now sport a CB1000 motor and pump out around 215hp.
- The Corporate colours will change from Orange and Red to Rocket, named after a K9 inspired lipstick.
- The 1290 will be fitted with long travel suspesion and raced in next years AMA supercorss series.
- A new Supermotard will emerge touted as the Husquonda, sporting a stroked 950cc single from the 80s XL Honda range.
- GP racing will be dropped in favour of a Postie Race Series complete with newly fitted Superduke 690 motors.
- A new ‘frameless” concept bike sporting one wheel aimed at the tree hugging climate change fraternity.
Latest posts by Steve (see all)
- Lane Filtering Legal in SA 15 April 2017- check our do’s and dont’s! - April 15, 2017
- ISRD – Adelaide Wrap up Pics and Vid - April 9, 2017
- Honda and KTM to Merge!!! - April 1, 2017